Dr Lincoln Tan
MBBS, MRCS(Edin), MMED(Surg), FRCS(Urol)(RCPSG), FAMS(Urol)
Dr Lincoln Tan is a Consultant Urologist, and accredited Robotic Surgeon at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. He was the former Director of Urologic Oncology at the National University Hospital (NUH) and National Cancer Institute of Singapore (NCIS) prior to joining Tan Urology. He is currently Visiting Consultant at NUH.
Dr Tan is trained in all aspects of open and endoscopic urology and specialises in the minimally invasive treatment of urologic cancers. His particular interests is in laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery, particularly for the management of prostate and kidney cancer.
- Graduated medical school at the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2001
- Postgraduate surgical degrees from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2006, and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2011
- Masters in Surgery from National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2007.
- Completed Advanced Specialty Training at NUH.
- College of Surgeons Gold Medal from the Academy of Medicine Singapore, awarded to the top Advanced Urological Trainee.
- Completed his fellowship in Urologic Oncology and Laparoscopic and Tele-Robotic Urologic Surgery at the Royal Melbourne Hospital in 2013 (mentored by Professor Tony Costello who pioneered robotic surgery in Australia, and Professor Declan Murphy- Director of Genitourinary Oncology and Robotic Surgery at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Victoria, Australia.
Dr Tan’s subspecialty interest is in the care of men with prostate cancer — advanced prostate cancer diagnostics to reduce unnecessary prostate biopsies, and the performance of safer, more accurate prostate biopsies. Dr Tan was the principal investigator in the first local study to validate the use of the Prostate Health Index to better risk stratify men at risk of prostate cancer, to reduce subjecting men to unnecessary biopsies. He was also one of the clinical leads that introduced free hand office based transperineal prostate biopsies into Singapore.
Men's Health Advocate
Dr Tan is a passionate advocate for Men’s Health and Prostate Cancer patients. He has actively participated in the Movember fund raising campaigns for several years, and organised many educational talks for the public and primary care physicians. He remains actively involved in prostate cancer survivorship issues. He was once the organising chairman for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and still sits as Chairman of the Singapore Cancer Society (SCS) Prostate Cancer Survivorship Programmes Advisory Committee.
Knowledge Sharing For The Community
Beyond the walls of the clinic, Dr Tan strongly believes in the education of the next generation of doctors and urologists:
- Assistant Professor with the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine,
- Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence in 2009
- Director of Postgraduate Education and Core Faculty for the NUHS Urology Residency Programme.
- Examiner for both undergraduates and postgraduates at NUS.
- Member of the JCST Examination Committee for Urology, which develops and implements the exit examination for local urology specialists.
Dr Tan is privileged to be a faculty of the Asian Urological Surgery Training and Education Group (AUSTEG), a group of regional urologists who are passionate to share training opportunities in endourology to trainees in Asia. He also is thankful for opportunities to share his knowledge on prostate cancer care with his colleagues in the region, giving talks in countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Philippines and Nepal.
Dr Robert Tan Tin Kiat
Dr Robert Tan is a practicing consultant urologist with over 35 years of experience. He graduated from medical school from the University of New South Wales, Australia and completed his advanced urology training at the principal referral hospital for Western Sydney, Westmead Hospital.
He served at Tan Tock Seng Hospital til 1982, where he was one of the first urologists to perform the minimally invasive treatment of prostate enlargement (BPH), Transurethral resection of Prostate (TURP). This technique remains to this day the gold standard of BPH surgery.
Since 1984 he started his private practice in Gleneagles Hospital and has since taken care of of thousands of patients ever since.
Dr Tan is one of the founding members of the Singapore Urological Association.
He is regarded as a local pioneer in the non-invasive treatment of urinary stones, and one of the earliest local urologists trained by German urologists to use Extracorporal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL). His extensive experience, commitment and personal touch have led to remarkable stone-free rates using this technique.
Dr Tan combines a wealth of experience, compassion and an individualised approach to helping men gain relief from the difficult-to-treat condition of chronic pelvic pain/chronic prostatitis. He is a firm believer in optimising the quality of life of older men and holds a holistic approach to the non-surgical treatment of conditions like BPH and andropause — which has won him a strong loyal following of patients.
Early detection and swift treatment may save you pain, money and even your life.
If you suspect that you have a urological issue and would like to us to diagnose the problem, or need a second opinion, please click the "book now" button below.
Let us help you take care of your situation as soon as possible